The next version of.NET, .NET 5.0, was published by Microsoft. in Nov, 2020 and the latest updated version is 5.0.17.
DOTNET 5 will be such a unified platform that you will be able to create anything on it. Build, run, and deploy software that targets all platforms and devices, including PCs, web browsers, smartphones, tablets, IoT devices, and more, using the offered libraries, frameworks, tools, and APIs.
What is .NET 5.0
DOTNET 5 is a major update that contains C# 9 and a slew of new features and enhancements.
.NET 5 is essentially a reworked version of.NET Core. Going forward, There will only be .NET, no separate.NET Framework, and no separate.NET Core. It promises to improve application speed while lowering your.net web application hosting costs.
The transition from.NET core to.NET 5.0 adds a lot of benefits without a lot of effort. For your future enterprise applications, .NET 5 could be a viable option.
Along with .NET version 5, there are a number of important releases.
.NET 5.0 is available for operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can get .NET 5.0 right here. Download .NET 5.0
A number of significant improvements are included in NET 5.0.
.NET 5 Performance Improvements
Overall, the performance of all components has improved
- The performance of NET 5.0 has improved
- .NET libraries have improved performance
- JSON serialization performance
- Performance of regular expressions,
- Performance of HTTP (HTTP 1.1, HTTP/2)
- Due to improvements in the GC, tiered compilation, and other areas, P95 latency has decreased.
- Arm64 performs well in.NET 5.0
- and gRPC (generic remote procedure call)
.NET 5 Language Improvements
- F# 5 provides interactive programming and a performance increase for functional programming,
- C# 9 adds top-level programs and records to the language.
Application deployment Improvements in .NET 5
- With ClickOnce client app publishing, single-file apps, smaller container image sizes, and the advent of Server Core container images, application deployment choices have improved.
.NET 5 Platform scope expansion
- Windows Arm64 and WebAssembly have broadened the platform’s capabilities.
No need to worry about installing a new version and breaking old apps.
There is no need to download the WebAssembly tools if you only wish to target Mobile, similarly not required to download mobile tools if only targeting Web. The same goes for ASP.NET Core and WPF.
All of the .NET tools, as well as build and runtime packs, will be much easier to obtain via the command line.
You will have a much easier time getting all of the .NET tools, as well as build and runtime packs, from the command line.
For.NET platform components, they are offering a package management experience along with the currently available package managers.
.NET 5.0 Frequent Asked Question
In this post we have covered .NET 5.0 Overview ,main Features and benefits. We also share links to download the .NET 5.0. Hope you found this article useful. Please share your valuable feedback in the comments section below.